Saturday, July 20, 2013

My top twelve or ten or eight. My tops.

I am on vacation, and I realize that I haven't put up anything recently. The wife and I are just chilling on a Friday night and I have my laptop so why not, right?

I was thinking: I have no problem taking a gamble on certain players late in the draft, but what about my first few rounds? Who are my top guys? So, I will make my list of each position.

I won't be explaining my reasoning as well as I could, and for that I apologize.

QB

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Drew Brees
3. Peyton Manning
4. Tom Brady
5. Cam Newton
6. Matt Ryan
7. Matt Stafford
8. Tony Romo

9. Andrew Luck
10. RGIII
11. Colin Kaepernick
12. Russell Wilson

I don't trust any of those rookies except Luck. Bash me all you want I only trust the top 6-8 guys, and that would be MY top 6-8 guys.

RB

1. Adrian Peterson
2. Arian Foster
3. Doug Martin
4. Marshawn Lynch
5. Jamaal Charles
6. LeSean McCoy
7. Ray Rice
8. CJ Spiller
9. Matt Forte
10. Trent Richardson
11. Alfred Morris
12. Steven Jackson and/or MJD

I trust the 8-9 the most. After that drop off it's about 5 guys and then you hope you have 2x of the top 20 guys. If not good luck this year.

WR

1. Calvin Johnson
2. Dez Bryant
3. AJ Green
4. Julio Jones
5. Brandon Marshall
6. Demaryius Thomas

7. Larry Fitzgerald
8. Vincent Jackson
9. Andre Johnson
10. Randall Cobb
11. Marques Colston
12. Victor Cruz

This is tricky. I think there is a possibility that 3-4 of these guys could land between 13-20. WR is always random each year. I do NOT trust Percy Harvin. I just don't like the guy. For better or worse.

TE

1. Jimmy Graham
2. Jason Witten
3. Tony Gonzalez
4. Rob Gronkowski
5. Kyle Rudolph 
6. Dennis Pitta 
7. Vernon Davis 
8. Brandon Myers

9. Greg Olsen
10. Jermichael Finley
11. Owen Daniels
12. Antonio Gates

Would prefer a top eight, but if I get the right 3x WR and 2x RB and 1x QB I would be willing to sacrifice TE until late.

D/ST

1. Seahawks
2. 49ers 
3. Texans
4. Broncos
5. Bears 

6. Bengals
7. Packers
8. Cardinals
9. Rams
10. Patriots
11. Ravens
12. Giants

I would prefer a top FIVE D/ST

K

1. Matt Bryant
2. Matt Prater
3. Justin Tucker
4. Blair Walsh
5. Greg Zuerlein
6. Stephen Gostkowski
7. Steven Haushchka
8. Sebastian Janikowski  
9. Garett Hartley
10. Mason Crosby
11. Dan Bailey
12. David Akers

I would honestly take any of these twelve Kickers if they were there in the last round. I don't know anyone who is drafting two kickers in a 12 team league so it should be safe to wait until the last last last last round.













No comments:

Post a Comment