Tuesday, July 30, 2013

So, Injuries are already mounting for teams

And some guys are already out for the season.
And even some guys did something stupid and will be banned certain games. \
While others even murder people and will never see the field again.
So who are these guys? Let me tell you. How does it effect your fantasy team?

1. Aaron Hernandez TE New England Patriots. Out forever. In jail, maybe, forever.

2. Rob Gronkowski TE New England Patriots. PUP list and if he isn't back by August 31st he has to miss the first 6 weeks of the season. Guess what? I don't trust the guy being injured. I believe he will miss the first 6 weeks of the season. IF he doesn't I just don't see how he becomes a target worth having until later on in the season. IF you can get him for REALLY cheap in the later rounds sure. If you have that luxury. For me? I'm just not touching the guy.

3. Dennis Pitta TE Baltimore Ravens. Out for the year. Ed Dickson is now the #1 TE in Baltimore.

4. Jeremy Maclin WR Philadelphia Eagles. Out for the year. Last year I had Maclin and I really didn't know what to do with him. Now we don't have to worry about it. In fact, it made a lot decisions easier. DeSean Jackson is now the legit #1 WR in Philly.
 
5. Justin Blackmon WR Jacksonville Jaguars. Banned for substance abuse. Cecil Shorts value for the first 4-6 weeks is looking better. I like Cecil Shorts as a 3rd WR. If you can get him as a 4th WR it would be excellent depth.

6. Percy Harvin WR and Sydney Rice WR Seattle Seahawks. I wouldn't take either of these guys anyway unless it was depth on my bench. But, both of these guys are going to miss time in the regular season. Golden Tate and Marshawn Lynch look like the guys to grab for Seattle.

If I think of more (I know Koppen C is out for the Broncos and CB Berry for the Jets and Melvin Ingram for the Chargers but they aren't actual fantasy players so I don't count that.)








No comments:

Post a Comment