Sunday, June 23, 2013

2013 NFL Fantasy Football Mock Drafts part 2

I have completed about one hundred mock drafts. Roughly. Some of them we were very talkative and the draft went quickly. Other times people would just troll us and take Tebow with the first pick. *If that is you go die in a fire!* Then again sometimes people took forever with the first pick to then take Adrian Peterson or Arian Foster. *Shit or get off the pot!* So, I have learned a few new things I want to share with you.

1. I am still not taking a QB early. I would say that from experience now the 5th to 6th round is when I would start targeting a QB. I have gotten Stafford and Luck in the 8th round and I have seen Romo and Rivers fall all the way to the 10th and 11th round. If you insist on a Rodgers or Brady you could target them in the 3rd. I have seen Matt Ryan going all the way from the 4th to the 8th and so REALLY what I'm saying is know who you are drafting with. Know your league. If you play a 3rd RB flex option I would take a 3rd RB before I take a QB. I would take a top WR before I take a QB. But, this reminds me..

2. WR is VERY deep. BUT! Know this: I wouldn't want to miss out on a top flight WR (Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, AJ Green, Brandon Marshall.) One of those top 5 WR In a ten team league there will be half of you that will not get one of those guys. If you don't get one of them I would make sure that you have BOTH of your RBs before you touch WR. I think Demaryius Thomas and Victor Cruz are not top flight WRs but that doesn't mean they are worth taking. Vincent Jackson and Larry Fitzgerald as well. I just want my two rooks, if you will, before I invest in getting my bishops.

3. Don't be afraid of being a trend setter. I like the ten man league. I do not like the twelve man league anymore. I admit the eight man league is fun for at least one of my leagues each year. It comes down to planning ahead bc every team is going to be elite. But to my point. Don't be afraid of setting a trend. IF you have your starting RBs and a top WR and you wanna get the QB that YOU want. Don't be afraid of getting him. Just know the board. If its the 8th round and nobody has taken a defense and its your turn and you already have two RBs and two WR and your QB dont be afraid to snag Seattle or 49ers or Bears defense. Bc once these guys start going if your pick is 10 away and a trend starts. Boom. You miss out.

4. I'm still waiting for TE. Only Jimmy Graham is worth that top spot and I will argue with you about where he should be drafted, but he is the only TE worth the #1 spot. So, once someone snags this guy it's just gonna be a wait and see. I wouldn't take a TE over a #2 RB or my #2 WR or my QB or DEFENSE! Yes, Defense/ST is worth more to me in the new year than a TE. So by the time the 8th round rolls around its a crap shoot. I can wait longer for my TE. I'll get my #3 WR and my #3 RB before I take TE. I have a few sleepers.

... You wanna know my sleepers don't you? At the end of the draft I am seeing a lot of guys fall. Guys in either contract years (Pettigrew) or guys who have changed teams (Myers or Cook.) These guys you can get in the last 3 rounds of the draft. Even Olsen and Rudolph are falling for value.

5. I think there are only 5 D/ST worth investing in the draft. Seattle - 49ers - Chicago (which is a big ? to be honest) - Houston - and Denver. If I don't get one of these teams I am gonna try to pick one up late. I see Steelers and Ravens and Bengals falling all the way to the last few rounds.

6. I'm changing my mind. As long as I don't have a top 2 pick I will be happy. But mostly I am falling out of love with the last two picks. the 3rd to 8th pick is magic.

Let me give you another mock draft I just completed.

10. Alfred Morris RB
11. Trent Richardson RB
30. Chris Johnson RB
31. Vincent Jackson WR
50. Matt Stafford QB - All the other QBs I wanted were gone. There was a run on them and I jumped, too.
51. Torrey Smith WR
70. Cecil Shorts WR
71. 49ers D/ST - Seattle and Chicago were both gone. I wanted one of the top 3.
90. Miles Austin WR
91. Ty Hilton WR
110. Denarius Moore WR
111. Mikel Leshoure RB
130. Isaiah Pead RB
131. Jermichael Finley TE
150. Sebastian Janikowski K




No comments:

Post a Comment