Friday, May 24, 2013

Tis the Season to make Predictions.

Anyone can say that they knew team A or B was gonna do good or bad when the year is half over or all done. We got over three months before the season starts. September 5th. So, right now is the best time to make some bold predictions. I got nothing to lose except my pride.

I wish I could field some questions so it doesnt seem like I am just tooting my own horn here. So, the first thing I will do is give myself some win loss totals based off of the Vegas Odds thread.

We are going to play a game. A fake game with fake money. Each game is going to have the right amount of money to win 100 bucks if its (-) ... a hundred bucks and I'll bet a hundred bucks to win the amount with the (+). Nothing world beating. It makes it easier too.

First, let us go with the AFC!

Patriots 11.5 - Under. I am going to take the under on this. Even though the return with vig is -135 I'm not really betting this but I would take it. They lost some weapons and their defense is a bend but don't break. I just feel that there is a target on these guys. Every year. I would say 11-5 is their ceiling. I think they will probably finish 10-6. I would be amazed if they manage to finish 12-4.

So, I have bet 135 dollars to win 100 dollars.

Dolphins 7.5 -Over. I am going to give that one win from the Patriots and give it to the Dolphins. I do believe that they can win an 8th game. I would think you're very bold and maybe a bit of a Phin homer if you think they can win a 9th as they did lose Reggie Bush and didn't replace him with anyone. I'll take the -130 and the over.

So, I have bet 130 dollars to win 100 bucks. 

Jets 6.5 - Under. I think they could win 6 games. Sure. I doubt they can win their 7th game. Sanchez is still QB and if he gets benched we get a rookie QB in Geno Smith. Belial Powell and Chris Ivory don't scare me that much especially with their Offensive Line problems. Their defense is going to rely on some rookies. I think Rex Ryan loses his job. I think Buccaneers win in New York week 1. It goes south fast after that. The over and under is -110 so it's a toss up as far as the vig goes.

I only have to put 110 bucks on this game to make 100.

Bills 6.5 - Under. I've already assigned the basement dwellers of the AFC East. The Jest. But, I am taking the UNDER on this one as well. Lost Levitre. Drafted a Rookie QB and the other options aren't that great either. 6 wins would be the bar for the Bills. The under vig is -135.  

The bet is 135 to win 100.

Steelers 9 - Under. I am taking the under bc it's even money. The over is -120. I feel that this is meant to appeal to a major bandwagon team. I don't see them winning 10 games. Plus the 9 is an option for a push.

So 100 to win 100

Baltimore 8.5 - Over. I am no fool. They lost a lot of pieces but they still have a great defensive line and offensive line and games are won in the trenches. They still have ray rice and flacco with torrey smith and jacoby jones. They will have some problems and I just dont see them winning the Super Bowl again but they can win 9 games.

So, I have to bet 140 bucks to win 100.  


Bengals 8.5 - Over. I could be wrong about the Ravens. I am willing to admit that. I feel that this is a cover bet on that. I do believe that the Bengals can easily win more than 8 games. I think they go to the playoffs and actually win a game.

So I only have to bet 100 bucks and I win 110 if I am right.

Browns 6 - Over. With the push being an option I will take the over. 6 games shouldnt be that hard for a Browns team getting better. Yay for Trent Richardson!

I gotta bet 130 bucks to win 100. 

Texans 10 - Over. I think they can get to 10 and the push is once again an option. Not a lot of money to be made here. 


130 buxks needed to earn 100.

Colts 8.5 - Over. Even if it's just the 9th. Andrew Luck imo won't be having a sophomore slump. They can win the 9th game.

Even money. 100 for 100.

Titans 6.5 - OVER! I don't know why. It's a 110/110 so I get to pick. I like the things they did with their offensive line. I think 7 is possible.

100 bucks will win me 100. 

Jaguars 5 - Under. They really do suck. The push is once again the option.

100 bucks gives me 110

Broncos 11.5 - OVER! Balls of Steel prediction here. I like the Welker + Decker + Thomas + Manning.

100 bucks makes me 110.

Chargers 7.5 - Over. I am gonna try to make some money in my favor. Their offensive line sucks. Defense already lost Ingram. Just gonna gamble with this one.

100 bucks makes me 115.

Chiefs 7 - Under. Don't misinterpret my taking the under with me hating the Chiefs. I like them. I just wanna go with the money. AND! The push is an option. I do feel they win the 7th game. I just dont see them going to 8. Not year one for Reid.

So, 100 bucks makes me 115.

Raiders 5.5 - Under. I am gonna fall for the suckers bet here. I am taking the under.

130 bucks to win 100.



No comments:

Post a Comment