Tuesday, May 14, 2013

WHAT HAPPENED LAST YEAR?!

Last year I intended on documenting the 2012 NFL Season and my picks for said season. It did not happen the way I planned. Also, I have another few sites that use I just don't write on there. I found those sites taking more of my attention. Like: NFL.com, Livejournal.com, Yahoo.com, and ESPN.com. I found myself getting busier and busier each week. I found myself focusing more on Fantasy Football than writing on this blog. I owe the apology most to myself since I don't wanna just quit, but if you WERE reading or following for that I am sorry.

So, where to start? The first free agency is already over. The draft is done with. Even the free agency after the draft is mostly taken care of. A few big names are out there still. Since the new CBA streamlined the signing and salary structure of rookies most teams (like the Lions they signed all their rookies already) have already got all their guys under contract. Some guys don't wanna sign bc they don't wanna report for voluntary activities. Yes, even athletes can be lazy and pigheaded.

Teams are starting to report to OTAs and the rookie camps are finishing up. Training camps will be right around the corner here in June/July I think. I'm not gonna go look but I know that Pre-Season starts in August so they all gotta be wrapped up by then. Season officially begins in September. September 5th. Broncos host the Super Bowl winning Ravens. A wonderful rematch. Should be an awesome game even if it is in Denver instead of in Baltimore where it should be.

There is still a ton of time left before the season start, but I would like to look at it closer. Right now all the teams are set at 90 players. The new CBA changed this as well. More players more competition it's great. They will slowly cut this number down to 53 at the beginning of the season towards September.

So week 1 looks like this:



Week 1:

Thursday, September 5th

Ravens @ Broncos

-

Sunday, September 8th
Patriots @ Bills
Titans @ Steelers
Falcons @ Saints
Buccaneers @ Jets 
Chiefs @ Jaguars 
Seahawks @ Panthers
Bengals @ Bears 
Dolphins @ Browns 
Vikings @ Lions  
Raiders @ Colts 

-

Packers @ 49ers 
Cardinals @ Rams 

-

Giants @ Cowboys 

-

Monday, September 9th

Eagles @ Redskins  
Texans @ Chargers

-

   Who to pick? This looks like a great Week 1. A Thursday night revenge game. A rivalry Sunday night game. Two Monday games. Packers and 49ers in the Sunday afternoon. I will be updating more especially leading into the season. I wanna focus on 1. single player goals and achievements and 2. injuries / cuts / and overall team changes. / 3. team potentials related to power rankings and expectations.

Stay tuned and I'm gonna try to make this better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment